The Advantage Of Invisible Braces In Charlotte
If you want straight teeth and are considering your teeth straightening options, you may be considering Invisalign vs braces. Both braces and Invisalign can straighten your teeth, but the systems have a lot of differences to consider before you make your choice.
If you are considering Invisalign vs Braces and want to discuss your options, come into our Charlotte dentist office today. Dr. Bowman would be happy to meet with you and to discuss which option would better suit your individual needs if you are in the Myers Park – Dilworth area.
Traditional braces use metal brackets and wires to straighten your teeth. These wires have to be tightened regularly as your teeth become straighter. Metal braces can be used to correct severe bite problems and other issues. Generally, treatment with metal braces takes around two to three years to complete.
Invisalign braces use a series of plastic aligners to straighten your teeth. You switch out these aligners every two weeks as your teeth become straighter. Invisalign braces look invisible and are completely removable. Typical treatment time can vary but Invisalign treatment generally requires less time than traditional braces.
Invisalign vs Braces
- Invisalign braces are metal-free and will never cut or irritate the soft tissues in your mouth.
- Metal braces can cut and scar the inside of the mouth and can cause serious discomfort right after tightening appointments.
- Invisalign braces are completely clear and look invisible over your teeth.
- Metal braces stand out against your teeth and can draw attention. Patients with metal braces can sometimes feel self conscious about their smiles during treatment.
- Invisalign braces are completely removable and make it easy to eat, drink, and clean your teeth.
- Metal braces can make cleaning your teeth difficult and require food restrictions.
To find out more about Invisalign braces and their benefits, call us at our Charlotte office today if you are in the Myers Park – Dilworth area!